Sunday, August 3, 2008

Colorado Family Reunion

What an extremely fun trip! We drove to Colorado, through some beautiful territory- The Rocky Mountain National Park- in a caravan with Aunt Glenna, Shelby, Bobbie and Savannah. At the top we were at an elevation of 12,005 feet!

The scenery was amazing, with beautiful flowers, trees, mountains and animals!






On the way there we made some stops, at a house that was used in some scary movie, I think. I didn't recognize it, but we took some fun and goofy pictures :)




We stayed overnight in a hotel and got in some swimming. Savannah is a character and quite the little girl. She finally found a man her size and just couldn't get away from him! It was entertaining!

After our meandering road trip, we arrived at Snow Mountain Ranch, and were accosted by our plethora of relations! My mom comes from a family of 10 kids and they each have a lot of kids, and their kids have quite a few kids. There are quite a few of us is an understatement. It's sooo much fun when we all get together! The fun and laughs never seem to end!

There were lots of activities to do at the ranch. We started the next day with an early morning swim. 6 am I believe. Some of my brave cousins, the ones that were excited enough to swim to get up that early, and I all headed over. A few of my cousins are on swim teams and we had some fun competitions going on. Annika seems to be the fastest of us all. She's 11 or 12. I've been training since to beat her :) Even Wade, my cousin Brittney's husband, didn't come close :)

Then my family and I spent the day with Brittney, Wade and Uncle Steve climbing, playing volleyball and tennis.

Then a group of us arrived at the lake for some canoeing. Each canoe was given a couple rubber ducks. You were supposed to throw the rubber ducks into each others canoes and try not to end up with any. . . of course you can't canoe in a lake without getting wet, so I had to start a water fight. It only escalated from there!




We hiked to a beautiful waterfall, where we took some pictures. We teased Bobbi and Shelby that theirs looks like an engagement picture :)


We found a cave to go spelunking in :) and had a good time catching up with everyone.




We gave Kelly a great scare as she was sitting in her car :) She's always fun to tease!



That night there was a country dance, and we headed over for some good ole' western dancing.




The morning we left, my cousin, Heather, and I headed over to the craft area. They had tons of cool stuff that you could make from boondoggle to leather to ceramics and more. Heather and I both decided on painting our own ceramic bowls and having them fired. It was fun.

Shelby and Taylor seemed to be flirting with this boy. . . look how excited he is :)

I am so thankful for my wonderful family! They are so much fun, so supportive and loving and we have a great time together!

No comments: