
Our stake asked our singles branch to make 6 quilts to donate to the Humanitarian Center! For a small singles branch that seemed like a huge number. A bit overwhelming. Especially considering there are only a few of us that know what goes into the whole process. Being one that had some idea, I volunteered to help out getting the quilts ready for the tying process.
To tie the quilts we had a Relief Society party! There was a great turnout, probably about 15 girls! We finished tying 4 twin sized quilts and 1 queen all in one night! It was awesome, and we had a great time in the process. I'm kind of a nerd, and really enjoy tying quilts. I think it's a fun way to do service and talk and get to know each other at the same time.
A group of us decided to make it a competition- Amber Prince, Amber and Brooke Tolman, Jacqueline Carter, and I. We were speedy. Granted, the other team didn't know we were competing, but we finished our quilt first, Yay!
The other girls pictured from the branch are Katie, Tori Jensen, McKelle Ralphs, Amy Schmidt, Michelle Belnap, Andrea Barlow, Heather Arnell, and Burkell White.










No comments:
Post a Comment